So, you’ve got the perfect DIY recipe for your essential oils. Now what do you store it in? Can you use that old plastic spray bottle hanging around? The answer is no.. You should use a glass spray bottle for essential oils.
Why? Because some essential oils will erode the plastic, and the same goes with stainless steel.
The best material to store your favorite DIY recipe is a glass. The reason essential oils are bottled in glass to begin with is to keep the essential oil pure, if they were stored in plastic bottles the plastic would slowly erode into the oil. Some stainless steel will also erode and mix in with the oils. Both scenarios are not a good outcome for your essential oils, thank goodness for glass!
This glass spray bottle pictured I bought from Amazon and it is PERFECT with being tinted it will not allow the UV rays to hit the oils either. And bonus that the blue is just a cool color!
Yes, UV protection is a biggie against degradation from ultraviolet light and the class is nonreactive to keep your oils safe whatever your choice of oil may be! Lavender, Lemon, Thieves, Tea Tree, Sage, peppermint and more…
The handy reusable glass bottle is a bonus when it comes to the environment! It protects the landfills from filling up and protects you from plastic leaching into your mixtures. PLUS, unlike plastic, the smells wash away. Plastic hangs onto everything!
This particular glass spray bottle from Amazon is guaranteed for life because of its durability. They have a satisfaction guarantee, it’s why I bought it there particularly.
So, whether you’ve got the perfect room mist recipe, cleaning mixes, window cleaner or beauty products like face mists , this bottle is for YOU! My advise, don’t order just one… you will want more hanging around! Make a few labels and you have one good looking cleaning cabinet… and the best part, because you’re now a DIY’er, your home is chemical free! Congratulations, you are moving towards a healthy lifestyle.
Now to close, let’s give you a few recipes shall we?
Glass and Mirror Cleaner
- 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner
- 5 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 cups water
Add all ingredients to a spray bottle and shake er up! Spray the dirty windows and glass surfaces liberally and wipe clean with a lint-free cloth. Voila, clean and sparkling!
Carpet Sport Cleaner
- 1 capful Thieves household Cleaner (available through Young Living)
- 6 cups of water
Shake it up to combine the ingredients. Lightly spray the spot and blot clean with a WHITE cloth, you don’t want colors to be transferred… repeat as needed.
This recipe smells heavenly… and it works!
- 1/2 cup Lavender Volume Conditioner – or any other Young Living conditioner/or what’s in your shower 😉
- 1 1/8 cup hot (not boiling) distilled water
- 3 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood (a lovely oil from Young Living)
- 3 drops Cedarwood
- 3 drops Frankincense (who doesn’t love Frankincense!)
Put the conditioner into the spray bottle, add distilled water and shake. Add the essential oils and shake again. To use, spray on dry or damp hair putting the most focus on the ends as that is what dries the most! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 spray bottle
- 2 ounces of distilled water
- 1 ounce of Vodka… no not for you, put it in the bottle! You can also use Witch Hazel which is a bit less pungent than the Vodka. But most of us have Vodka in the cupboard lol!
- Essential Oils about 5 to 20 drops of whatever YOU like… here are some suggestions though; Mint and Lavender… Lemon and Orange… Rosemary and Orange… Grapefruit, basil, rosemary and peppermint… You get the idea, mix it up and create your own.
So, I hope this was informative and helpful. I know when I started out I had no idea where to find glass spray bottles! I do hope this article helped you in some way. To make it even easier, if you click on the image of the spray bottle above, it’ll take you directly to the shopping site to get YOUR glass spray bottles… remember, order MORE than 1, you will use them!
I want to hear from you, leave a comment! I am also open to suggestions about topics to write about, please send a shout out and have a most wonderful day!